I am to get an immigration waiver, what are they? What are the different types of waivers?

Immigration waivers are documents that the U.S. court grants an undocumented immigrant to aid or forfeit a claim in said immigrant’s case. When you request a waiver, the U.S. government overlooks or forgives the ground of inadmissibility and grants you aid. There are many types of immigration waivers that can apply to you or your loved one. These waivers can be:

Extreme/Exceptional Hardship
– The legal US citizen (spouse, fiancée, parent, child, or ‘green card holder) would suffer ‘exceptional hardship’ if you had to return to your home country for two years, or if the legal US citizen had to engage in unemployed workers.

VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)/ Spousal Abuse
– If you are not a US citizen but you are married to a US citizen, and your spouse abuses you, either physically or emotionally, you can apply for a VAWA. This applies to both females and males and also family members as well (if you are the undocumented parent of a U.S. citizen).

U Visa
– Applicants for U visa waivers are immigrants who have been victims of serious crimes in the U.S. including undocumented immigrants.

T Visa
– A T visa is a visa that may be granted to victims of severe forms of human trafficking, sex trade, or forced labor who are present in the U.S. due to such trafficking.

Political Asylum
– The applicants who petition for political asylum-type immigration waivers are often subjected to severe deprivation and abuse in their home countries, and possibly even torture.